After searching for over two years for the perfect home to buy, I finally found it! I loved everything about it, except for the interior decor and color schemes. It didn’t match my tastes at all, and that is when I decided that purchasing a paint sprayer for indoor use should be high up on my priority list.
It took me another two months to find the right one for me, and due to that, I decided to share my knowledge and share some reviews on the best indoor paint sprayers I found in my search and a few tips in my buyer’s guide to help you answer some of your own questions.
1. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer – Overall Best Indoor Paint Sprayer
The X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer is manufactured by Graco Magnum, and it provides a lot of excellent features that might make it the best overall paint sprayer for you. This sprayer comes with a stainless steel piston pump, which makes it easy to spray un-thinned paint, even at a high pressure.
With this model, you can spray directly from either a single or five gallon bucket of paint, which means that you do not have to worry about constantly pouring paint from one container to another. It also gives you the ability to control the paint flow of the sprayer thanks to and adjustable pressure control that allows you to regulate the amount of pressure the sprayer uses.
Additionally, this model comes with a power flush adapter that connects directly to a garden hose, which makes clean up quick and easy. You can just connect it and turn it on and it will flush out any paint from the system entirely. It can support a paint hose up to 75 feed, which makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor projects.
You will not have to worry about clogging with the RAC IV switch tip. It is designed to allow you to reverse the tip as needed to continue spraying if it got clogged. This sprayer is also lightweight. It only weighs approximately 13 pounds, not including the paint, which means that you can easily move it from place to place as needed.
- Connect to garden hose for easy cleaning
- Control to adjust pressure
- Reverse a clean spray tip
- Able to spray directly from paint container
- Hoses leak at the coil point
- Hard to clean when used with oil based paint
- Doesn’t work well for smaller projects
2. REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer – Best Budget Indoor Paint Sprayers
This paint sprayer model is a great paint sprayer for indoor use. It not only provides plenty of power for a professional finish, but it also allows you to achieve a precise spray pattern. This means you can do fine finishes on areas that need them. This kit comes with a total of three different nozzles that will allow you to pick between three different spray patterns ensuring you have the right spray for the job.
For the best indoor paint sprayer, you should also be able to adjust the flow of the paint being used. This will allow you to ensure that you are not wasting any of your paint, and this model does allow you to regulate and adjust the amount of paint that will flow out of the sprayer through a simple control knob that is easy to maneuver and adjust properly.
It is important that indoor paint sprayers are easy to move around without any risk of spilling excess paint. For that reason, this particular model is classified as being light weight, and it has an extra long power cord that will allow you to get the most out of moving around indoors without a lot of hassle. It also has a decent lengthed hose to let you move around the room without ever having to move the actual unit.
Each nozzles is designed specifically for different types of paint. It is important that when using this particular model that you have the right nozzle equipped for the type of paint that you are using. It is also able to spray faster than normal sprayers at a speed of 750ml/min.
- Three different nozzles for different spray patterns
- 750ml per minute
- 6.6 ft long power cord for mobility
- Doesn’t require batteries
- No instruction manuals
- Doesn’t work well with latex paint
- Not suitable for beginners
3. Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer – Best Indoor Paint Sprayer for Value
The 262805 X7 paint sprayer is manufactured by Graco Magnum, and it is classified as an airless paint sprayer. This means that it is excellent for indoor use like when painting ceilings or interiors walls. It pumps out paint at high pressure, which will provide an even coat over the surface with ease.
With this model, you do not have to worry about a lot of pouring and messy cleanup. This particular model allows you to directly pump the paint from the inside of the paint container. It is light weight, which means that it is easily mobile and it also comes with a 100 ft paint hose. The hose length lets you move around the work area without ever having to move the physical sprayer base.
One of the best features about this model is the fact that it has a stainless steel piston pump. This allows you to use unthinned paint, as opposed to having to go through the process of thinning out your paint every time you plan to use the sprayer. Plus, this one is not only easy to set up, but it has a connector that hooks to a garden hose for fast and easy cleanup, as well.
- Easy and fast to clean up
- Allows for continuous spraying
- Able to spray directly from bucket
- Capable of supporting a 100 foot paint hose
- Stainless Steel piston pump capable of using unthinned paint
- Long prep time
- Confusing setup instructions
- Needs to be constantly cleaned to avoid clogs
4. Graco Ultra Corded Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer 17M359
Graco is a well-known manufacturer of paint sprayers and accessories, and the 17M359 model is classified as being their “Ultra” model. It is one of their smaller project models that they provide, and Graco kept in mind that people need a number of different tips to ensure that everything is sprayed right the way you want it.
They use RAC X FFLP spray trips, and you are able to adjust the nozzle for different spray patterns, to ensure that everything is evenly coated the way you want. This is an airless paint sprayer, and it has a Triax triple piston pump, and it will allow for a fine finish even without having to worry about thinning your paint. Unlike other models that are all one piece, this one was decided to be able to be repaired, which means that it will have an extended overall life.
- Comes with RAC X FFLP spray tips
- Designed for smaller jobs
- Triax triple piston pump
- Provides airless finish without thinning paint
- Can be repaired for extended life
- Poor customer service response
- Not ideal for smaller jobs
- Louder than other paint sprayers
5. HomeRight Finish Max C800766 Sprayer Tool Painting
HomeRight has a lot of paint sprayers on the market, but this model has a lot of positive features that sets it apart from their other models. This one is capable of spraying both oil and water based paints, and unlike some of the others, it is easily used by painters who are beginners.
It is a fully electric sprayer, and it is best used for indoor projects like walls, furniture, and cabinets. It also is capable of being able to adjust between six different inch settings to ensure that it will best suit your individual project needs. The only down side to this sprayer is the fact that it does not have a lock trigger. Therefore, you have be extremely careful that it will not spray you when you are done using it.
- Capable of spraying most types of oil and water based paints
- Easy to use for beginner painters
- Fully electric paint sprayer
- Able to be used on most projects from walls, cabinets and furniture
- Adjustable spray pattern from 1 to 6 inches
- Doesn’t have a lock trigger
- Has low spray volume
- Noisy motor
6. Wagner SprayTech 0518080 Control Paint Sprayer
Wagner has been designing paint sprayers for many years, and this is one of their latest models. They designed it to have a stable and stationary base. This means that it will not easily be knocked over while in use, and it has access to a 20 foot hose, which allows you to maneuver around the work area freely without having to actually move the base.
This model will allow you to adjust different settings on the sprayer to make sure that you can customize the actual flow of the paint with ease, depending on the different projects that you intend to do. It also uses new low pressure, high volume technology, which sets it apart.
- Adjustable settings for customized paint flow
- Capable for various different project types
- Uses high volume, low pressure technology
- 20 ft hose
- Stationary stable base
- Doesn’t spray as fast as other models
- Not great for Latex paint
- A lot messier than other paint sprayers
7. Wagner 0518050 Control Spray Double Duty Paint Sprayer
This is classified as being a double duty paint sprayer, and it is known for giving more control as it has a special regulator and trigger that will allow you to adjust the flow of paint to the perfect settings for your project. This particular model can be used to paint various materials from walls, ceilings, cabinets, and even furniture, thanks to the regulator an trigger, as well.
This is a HVLP sprayer, which means that it uses paint droplets carried on large volumes of air to the surface being painted. This type of sprayer is known for spraying slower, but it will provide an even finish. It comes with three different nozzles that will allow you to pick and choose the different spray patterns that you wish to use. Plus, it comes with multiple cups, which means that you can choose the amount of paint to put into the sprayer for different sized jobs and projects.
- Has a regulator and trigger for the perfect flow
- Can be used with a variety of materials
- Comes with multiple cups for different sized projects
- Uses a HVLP sprayer
- Three different spray patterns
- Slower speed compared to higher pressure units
- Difficult to assemble in a timely manner
- Doesn’t work well with Latex paint
8. Wagner Spraytech 0529021 Paint Sprayer Flexio 890
The Flexio 890 paint sprayer is manufactured by Wagner, and they have worked hard over the years to design quality products that will the lives of their customers easier. This particular model was designed to spray unthinned paints and stains, and it can be used for both indoor and outdoor projects.
It comes with several types of nozzles that allow you to best choose the spray based on the project you are doing. In addition to a locking hose connection that requires you to squeeze it in order for it to release, which is meant to help ensure that it does not get disconnected when you don’t want it to. It also comes with an 11 1/2 foot flexible air hose. This allows you to not have to constantly move the base of the sprayer. It provides a total of 23 feet of working area.
It comes with a 1 year limited warranty, and it before adding in the paint, the unit only weights about 1 pound, which makes it extremely light and easy to move, when necessary.
- Come with four different nozzles for different jobs
- Locking hose connection
- Flexible air hose that provides a 23-feet of working area
- Not the best for fine finishing projects
- Not all nozzles can be used with unthinned paint
- Power cord comes unplugged easily
Conclusion: The Best Paint Sprayer for Indoor Use Is…
We realize that not all indoor paint sprayers are going to fit into everyone’s budget or their particular needs. Ans that are many different types of paint sprayers including airless paint sprayers, hvlp paint sprayers and cheap paint sprayers. However, after reviewing the previous indoor paint sprayers, we have concluded that the Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer might be the best overall paint sprayer available. It provides everything that you need to get started, and it can be used for both large and small painting jobs. Plus, it comes with a control that allows you to adjust pressure, and it is easily cleaned by hooking up to a garden hose.
It’s not easy to purchase the right paint sprayer. You can’t just go to the store pick up the first one on the shelf an expect it to be the best thing possible. You need to research and know what you plan on using it for to ensure that you are making the right purchase. This is why we have come up with this buyer’s guide on indoor paint sprayers. It will help to answer a few different questions that you might be asking yourself.
Types of Indoor Paint Sprayers
There are three types of paint sprayers that can be used indoors. However, some of them are still better suited for outside or larger jobs. Plus, there are other projects that are too small for some paint sprayers to do effectively. Here are the three main types
- HVLP Sprayer – This type of sprayer carries droplets on large volumes of air, and it allows them to stick to the surface easier, giving it a smoother finish. These are recommended for indoor projects, like cabinets, molding, trim, and doors.
- Airless Sprayer – This type of sprayer works basically by pumping the paint out at a high pressure to force it to coat the surface evenly. This type is usually used for larger projects like fences, walls, siding, etc.
- Pneumatic Sprayer – This type of sprayer uses compressed air. It is generally used for projects involving furniture or cabinet, but they can be a little more messy than other types of sprayers.
Features to Look For:
Whenever looking for indoor paint sprayers, there are a few different features that you can look for that will generally put them on top compared to other models.
Powered – It is important to consider the type of power unit that the sprayer users. This is important to to know because they can be powered by electricity, batteries, and even gas.
Adjustable Models – This is an important feature, especially if you plan on using the same paint sprayer for various projects. Being able to adjust things like speeds, thickness and patterns are important.
Portability – Mobility is essential to make sure that you can easily move it around from place to place as needed. If the unit is too heavy, this can be rather difficult.
Quick Cleanup – After finishing your project, you most likely will not feel like spending hours cleaning up your sprayer. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the cleanup features that it has to ensure that it will be easy for you.
What are some accessories that are helpful for indoor paint sprayers?
Although accessories are not necessary for a sprayer to be good, they do help with giving it more value and allows you to use it in more places. Keeping this in mind, here are a few types of accessories that you might be interested in to make your time easier during your project.
- Hoses – Most indoor paint sprayers come with hoses. But depending on the length of the size will determine how easy the sprayer will be able to maneuver.
- Extensions – These types of rods will help you to access harder to reach areas and paint larger areas like decks.
- Protective gear – You should always wear protective gear when working with spray painters. Some come with protective gear like goggles, face masks, etc. But if they do not you need to look into them before starting your painting project.
- Filters – Filters are what allow a sprayer to provide a smooth finish. They help to remove any debris that might be in the paint that could potentially cause a clog. Therefore, it is important to know what sort of filter the sprayer uses.
- Nozzles or tips – Tips or nozzles are what helps to determine the different spray patterns of a sprayer. Therefore, it is important to look for this particular feature, especially if you plan on doing different types of jobs.